Children’s Centres are a ‘one-stop-shop’ for children under five and their families.
Whether you are a mother or father, parent-to-be, a grandparent or a carer – whoever you are, you will be welcomed.
Children’s Centres can offer a range of support from skilled and enthusiastic staff. You can go to a Children’s Centre for:
• early learning and childcare, in the centre and/or through local registered childminder networks or other providers
• parenting and family support
• health advice, including health visiting and midwifery services
• services for disabled children and children with additional needs
• support and help for parents to move into training and work
• information and advice, including links with the Families Information Service
• family fun and a place to make and meet friends
Children’s Centres in Royal Greenwich work closely with schools and
some are on school sites. Other Children’s Centre services are also available within community settings. Services will vary between centres and families are welcome to visit any centre, not just the one local to their home.
Current available activities and services taking place within Children's Centres can be found in the categories on the right.